Anyone who lives in a humid climate knows how difficult it can be to look presentable when the weather is hot and muggy. Dressing well becomes even more of a challenge when you have to adapt your work wardrobe to humid weather. Read on for some tips on how you can keep your clothes from wilting while the moisture level climbs.
1. Stick to natural fibres. Cotton keeps you cooler and more comfortable than almost anything else when the temperature and humidity soars. A touch of spandex (5% or less) helps your wardrobe resist wrinkling.
2. Dress in structured but loose-fitting clothes when the weather is hot and humid. This lets air circulate around your skin and keeps you more comfortable.
3. Ditch your pantyhose. Nothing is more uncomfortable in boiling weather than pantyhose or stockings. If your workplace allows it, go barelegged in knee-length or longer skirts. Just make sure you shave your legs and apply a little bronzer to rid yourself of winter pallor. Even in humid weather, a light, non-greasy moisturizer is key.
4. Try wide-legged pants if your employer frowns on bare legs. Wide-legged trousers are super comfortable in hot, humid weather, and they are flattering on almost everyone. Hem them to where they almost skim the floor and pair them with cute flats.
5. Wear dresses for cool comfort and wardrobe simplicity. Dresses are, to state the obvious, a whole outfit in one piece, which cuts down on time spent contemplating the clothes in your closet. A loose-fitting, breezy dress will help you look put-together and stay fresh.